Announcement!

I am still accepting books for review but on a VERY limited basis. If you are interested in my reviewing your book please check out my review policy and feel free to contact me at bookjunkie221@gmail.com.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Follows



Q. What do I do when I are not reading?


I do a lot of digital photography and I'm knitting like crazy working on some Christmas presents for family members.  When I'm not doing those things I like to watch movies and play with my dogs, who have me completely trained.

Book Blogger Hop

How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?

I spend a LOT of time on my local library's webpage ordering books to read.  I also like to spend money on Barnes and Noble's webpage and occassionally I like to use paperbackswap.com.

What I've been up to since last week:

Discussion Posts:

Note taking for reviews?

MEME's:

It's Monday!
IMM

Reviews:

Beastly by Alex Flinn
Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

Giveaway:

100 Follower Giveaway

Random Posts:

It's beginning to look a lot like.... (Christmas Knitting Project post)

8 comments:

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

I used to knit and somewhere along the way, forgot how =). I crochet, paint murals, make mosaics, sew, read, write, illustrate, play piano...and well, obviously, take care of kids, home, and husband =). And there are a lot of things I plan on learning in the future.

That's awesome that you're getting a head start on your Christmas projects! Good for you!

Nikki said...

LOL I so understand about being trained, I'm practically whooped by mine!

New follower, friend!


Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

Howard Sherman said...

I’m seeing a pattern of book acquisition here. After all, there are just so many places to get books and so many different ways to read them.

It’s hard to beat the library for price and selection but it’s even harder to beat the convenience of browsing BN or Amazon from a Nook or Kindle, hitting a button and reading the book you picked in about sixty seconds.

As usual, my answer to this week’s Book Blogger Hop question is all over the map. Hop on over and read my multipart answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Trish said...

i have "learn how to knit" on my to-do list! i think it's great you're starting your holiday gifts now. i usually wait to the last minute before I even THINK of making anything. I saw one of the big craft stores (i think Michael's or JoAnns or AC Moore) was having a sell on christmas yarn this month...

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

I spend wayyyy too much time on my library's website! Thanks for hopping by today!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm obsessed with my library's website. I check it constantly.
My Hop

kathy said...

Thanks for hopping by my blog! Returning the follow, too. :) I'm a huge fan of my library's website. I'm on a lot of waiting lists because I'm too cheap to buy books. A little wait doesn't really bother me.
Have a great weekend!

KristinCanRead said...

New follower stopping by...

Kristin @ http://kristincanread.blogspot.com